Telford & East Shropshire CAMRA Branch Diary
As a branch, each month we plan a survey trip to a local town or area, where we visit it’s many pubs, we may also call into one of the more rural pubs or two on the way, sometimes we will combine the survey trip with a visit to one of the many breweries, as well as enjoying more social events as well:
- Meet the brewer & brewery tour: We have 20 breweries in Shropshire alone;
- Pub visits survey’s: For the annual selection of pubs for the next good beer guide;
- Inter – CAMRA – Branch Quiz sessions: Testing your real ale and general knowledge;
- Branch meetings: An update of local and national news over a pint;
- Beer festivals: Not only do we attend beer festivals, but we also run our own. It provides the opportunity to sample some of the best real ales made in the UK;
- Beer Tent: We run the “Storyteller Arms” at the Festival at the Edge event (FatE), which is the longest running annual Storytelling festival in Britain.
Our two sub-branches at Bridgnorth and Market Drayton also organise their own local events as well as joining us at many of our main events.
Here are our forthcoming events listed below – why not come along and join us ?
Festival at the Edge beer tent at Alderford Lake, near Whitchurch.
Help needed with staffing, setting up (from Tuesday) and dismantling (Monday).
If any members would like to attend and would like to go via coach with our Shrewsbury Branch friends, please contact ASAP so that we can arrange a suitable pick-up and discuss costs.
Branch meeting at The Bridge Inn, Newport at 2000h.
Coach trip to visit Rowton Brewery at the original site, then the Royal Oak (Tiddly) at Ellerdine Heath, followed by a visit to the new Rowton Brewery site at The Pheasant in Wellington. Coach Pick-ups at Shifnal (Innage) 1100hrs, Oakengates Bus Station 1120hrs, Wellington Bus Station 1135hrs. Coach fare £10 per person, please contact . You’ll need to make your own way home from The Pheasant, Wellington at the end of the day. There will also be transport from Market Drayton (contact Bryn Pass) and Bridgnorth (contact ) to confirm the details.
Branch meeting. Venue TBC at 2000h.
Pubs survey to lovely rural pubs north of Market Drayton using a small coach. Pick-ups Shifnal (Innage) 1025hrs, Oakengates Bus Station 1045hrs, Wellington Bus Station 1100hrs and Market Drayton Bus Station 1140hrs. Return for 1845hrs to Shifnal. Only £5 each if beer scores are completed. Please contact .
4th Shifnal Beer Festival at the War Memorial Club, Shifnal. 5-11 Thurs, 12-11 Fri, Sat. Free entry all sessions, £2 refundable glass hire. Help wanted for service, set-up (from Tues) and take-down (Sun) – contact the festival organiser .