Telford & East Shropshire CAMRA Branch Diary
As a branch, each month we plan a survey trip to a local town or area, where we visit it’s many pubs, we may also call into one of the more rural pubs or two on the way, sometimes we will combine the survey trip with a visit to one of the many breweries, as well as enjoying more social events as well:
- Meet the brewer & brewery tour: We have 20 breweries in Shropshire alone;
- Pub visits survey’s: For the annual selection of pubs for the next good beer guide;
- Inter – CAMRA – Branch Quiz sessions: Testing your real ale and general knowledge;
- Branch meetings: An update of local and national news over a pint;
- Beer festivals: Not only do we attend beer festivals, but we also run our own. It provides the opportunity to sample some of the best real ales made in the UK;
- Beer Tent: We run the “Storyteller Arms” at the Festival at the Edge event (FatE), which is the longest running annual Storytelling festival in Britain.
Our two sub-branches at Bridgnorth and Market Drayton also organise their own local events as well as joining us at many of our main events.
Here are our forthcoming events listed below – why not come along and join us ?
Branch Christmas Social at the Shakespeare in Bridgnorth. Details TBC.
West Midlands Regional Awards at the Bartons Arms, Birmingham. Please contact for details of this event.
Beer scoring of Oakengates area pubs. Meet at the Crown in Oakengates at 1200hrs for a great New Year day out!
Branch Meeting. Railway Inn, Wellington. TF1 1SD. 2000hrs.
Beer scoring trip by coach. Details TBC but please book for this crucial survey of some rural pubs; the last such event before the voting for GBG 2020.
Visit to Joules Brewery in Market Drayton. Coach trip to the welcoming Red Lion to enjoy their hospitality, with beer scoring of selected town pubs. All members very welcome with pick-ups (times TBC) from Bridgnorth, Shifnal, Oakengates and Wellington at least, so that all members throughout our area can attend and enjoy a lovely day out together.