Telford & East Shropshire CAMRA Branch Diary
As a branch, each month we plan a survey trip to a local town or area, where we visit it’s many pubs, we may also call into one of the more rural pubs or two on the way, sometimes we will combine the survey trip with a visit to one of the many breweries, as well as enjoying more social events as well:
- Meet the brewer & brewery tour: We have 20 breweries in Shropshire alone;
- Pub visits survey’s: For the annual selection of pubs for the next good beer guide;
- Inter – CAMRA – Branch Quiz sessions: Testing your real ale and general knowledge;
- Branch meetings: An update of local and national news over a pint;
- Beer festivals: Not only do we attend beer festivals, but we also run our own. It provides the opportunity to sample some of the best real ales made in the UK;
- Beer Tent: We run the “Storyteller Arms” at the Festival at the Edge event (FatE), which is the longest running annual Storytelling festival in Britain.
Our two sub-branches at Bridgnorth and Market Drayton also organise their own local events as well as joining us at many of our main events.
Here are our forthcoming events listed below – why not come along and join us ?
4th Shifnal Beer Festival at the War Memorial Club, Shifnal. 5-11 Thurs, 12-11 Fri, Sat. Free entry all sessions, with live music from early on Saturday evening. £2 refundable glass hire. Help wanted for service, set-up (from Monday) and take-down (Sunday) – contact the festival organiser .
Coach trip to Leek in Staffordshire to superb town pubs and a mystery treat on the way back. Free for those who helped at any of our festivals as a ‘thank you’, £15 for other members. Pick-ups from Bridnorth (Esso station) 1000hrs, Shifnal (Innage) 1025hrs, Oakengates Bus Station 1045hrs, Wellington Bus Station 1100hrs, Market Drayton Bus Station 1140hrs. Return to Bridgnorth 2000hrs. Please contact .