Telford & East Shropshire CAMRA Branch Diary
For almost 50 years, CAMRA has worked to support pubs, real ale, breweries, and cider producers. However, the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) has made public safety of paramount importance.
It is our duty to follow the Government’s guidelines to safeguard everyone’s health and well-being, which is why we are withdrawing from all social and public events for the next three months.
CAMRA, as a consumer organisation, will continue to work closely with the brewing and pubs industries in the very difficult times that lie ahead. As a branch, each month we plan a survey trip to a local town or area, where we visit it’s many pubs, we may also call into one of the more rural pubs or two on the way, sometimes we will combine the survey trip with a visit to one of the many breweries, as well as enjoying more social events as well:
- Meet the brewer & brewery tour: We have 20 breweries in Shropshire alone;
- Pub visits survey’s: For the annual selection of pubs for the next good beer guide;
- Inter – CAMRA – Branch Quiz sessions: Testing your real ale and general knowledge;
- Branch meetings: An update of local and national news over a pint;
- Beer festivals: Not only do we attend beer festivals, but we also run our own. It provides the opportunity to sample some of the best real ales made in the UK;
- Beer Tent: We run the “Storyteller’s Arms” at the Festival at the Edge event (FatE), which is the longest running annual Storytelling festival in Britain.
Our two sub-branches at Bridgnorth and Market Drayton also organise their own local events as well as joining us at many of our main events.
Here are our forthcoming events listed below – why not come along and join us?
Bookings and enquiries are most welcome to the Social Secretary
There are no upcoming events.