Telford & East Shropshire CAMRA Branch Diary
As a branch, each month we plan a survey trip to a local town or area, where we visit it’s many pubs, we may also call into one of the more rural pubs or two on the way, sometimes we will combine the survey trip with a visit to one of the many breweries, as well as enjoying more social events as well:
- Meet the brewer & brewery tour: We have 20 breweries in Shropshire alone;
- Pub visits survey’s: For the annual selection of pubs for the next good beer guide;
- Inter – CAMRA – Branch Quiz sessions: Testing your real ale and general knowledge;
- Branch meetings: An update of local and national news over a pint;
- Beer festivals: Not only do we attend beer festivals, but we also run our own. It provides the opportunity to sample some of the best real ales made in the UK;
- Beer Tent: We run the “Storyteller’s Arms” at the Festival at the Edge event (FatE), which is the longest running annual Storytelling festival in Britain.
Our two sub-branches at Bridgnorth and Market Drayton also organise their own local events as well as joining us at many of our main events.
Here are our forthcoming events listed below – why not come along and join us?
Bookings and enquiries are most welcome to the Social Secretary
GBG 2021 Selection Night. Plough, Shifnal. TF11 8AZ. 2000hrs.
This is a key event in our calendar, and is the opportunity for members to casts their votes for the local pubs which will be rewarded with places in the next Good Beer Guide, following on from our many opportunities to score the beer quality in some of our pubs during the previous months. Those unable to attend will be able to cast postal votes for the pubs of their choice which they have visited during the year.
Pub quiz for CAMRA members from local branches. 1pm start at The Shakespeare, Bridgnorth. Finishes at approximately 4pm.
Pub quiz for CAMRA members from local branches. The venue will be in Wolverhampton city centre, TBA. 1pm start, finishing at approximately 4pm.
Ramble around Shrewsbury visiting a variety of the best pubs en route. Starts at the Salopian Bar on Smithfield Road and ending at the Tap and Can micropub opposite the railway station. Total distance approximately 6.25 miles.